Knauf Insulation EcoFill Wx blowing wool insulation is an unbonded, virgin fibrous glass blowing insulation having a high degree of post-consumer recycled content, designed for
weatherizing and retrofitting existing housing. APPLICATION Knauf Insulation EcoFill Wx blowing wool insulation is used to dense-pack sidewalls using the drill and fill technique common in retrofitting homes or in home weatherization activities. EcoFill Wx blowing wool insulation is also excellent for doing open blows in attics. This means that only one product is needed to complete an insulation retrofit/weatherization project.
Excellent Thermal Properties
• Fills all gaps and voids in wall cavities,creating a thermal barrier against outside air and better temperature control
• Greater resistance to air infiltration than cellulosic materials
• Resists heat flow with an R-value of R-15 in 2 x 4 construction and R-23 in 2 x 6 construction
• Absolutely will not settle in walls
• Will not change from its intended R-value over its lifetime
Saves Warehouse and Truck Space
• Requires about one-half of the warehouse and truck space of competing cellulosic products
Better Coverage than Cellulose
• More than 2x the coverage per bag
• Contains a high degree of recycled glass
verified every six months by UL Environment
Improves Crew Productivity
• Installers spend less time handling bags
In a 2,000 square foot home, about 46
bags of EcoFill Wx blowing wool insulation
are required, compared to 145 bags of
• Installs cleaner than cellulose, virtually dust-free
• Blows clean and smooth and does not require stabilizing
Strong Poly Bag Packaging
• Packaged in a very strong poly bag that prevents bag breakage and jobsite spillage.
The bags stack well and have a coefficient of friction sufficient to reduce slippage.
• Fiberglass is naturally non-combustible and remains so for the life of the product. Unlike cellulose, EcoFill Wx blowing wool insulation requires no additional fire-retardant chemical treatments. Unfaced fiberglass insulation
is recognized by building code groups as an acceptable fire stop in residential wood frame walls.
Air Infiltration Resistance
• When tested against three cellulose products using ASTM C522, EcoFill Wx blowing wool insulation showed 20 to 100% better air flow resistance than three leading brands.
• Improves Sound Transmission Class (STC)
ratings by 4 to 10 points, with a 3 point STC
change being a noticeable improvement
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
• UL Environment
• GREENGUARD Gold
• ASTM C764; Type I
• HH-I-1030B; Class B Certified
• Meets the Quality Standards of the State of California
The stated thermal performance of EcoFill Wx blowing wool insulation requires installation in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Failure to install the material properly will impact the performance of this product.
Ecoshield reflective insulation is used in conjunction with traditional insulation to reflect radiant heat. Traditional insulation works primarily on conduction and convection heat transfer. Ecoshield completes the thermal dynamic equation by reflecting radiant heat. Made from 99% pure aluminum this product reflects 97% of radiant heat back to its source. The core of this revolutionary product is made from recycled plastic that has been baked to over 1000 degrees to remove the risk of fire acceleration. This plastic is then shaped into a closed cell honeycomb technology which is then perforated so that the blanket can neither hold or trap moisture .